Makinson & d’Apice is an Australian law firm committed to providing excellent legal advice and service. A firm that has proven abilities, expertise and networks that matter when you need to be at the forefront of current wisdom and practices. A firm with skilled people who can be relied upon to provide astute advice.
We are based in Sydney but undertake work for our clients nationally. We work across all commercial and private client sectors and provide industry specific, informed advice. Our expertise is organised into nine specialist areas.
- Strata & Community Title
- Building & Construction
- Estate Planning, Trust & Estate Litigation
- Banking & Finance
- Dispute Resolution
- Corporate & Commercial
- Charities & Not-For-Profits
We have been in practice over 150 years and continually seek to evolve and provide innovative, client focused solutions in tune with the changing needs of our clients. Our approach to our clients is based on mutual trust and respect. We strive to build long term client partnerships.
Legal Services for Owners, Owners Corporations and Strata Managers
Makinson & d’Apice has a dedicated Strata Law team which focuses on issues affecting strata and community schemes.
Our Strata Law team specialises in:
- advising on the management and operation of all types of strata schemes, including residential, mixed development, commercial, retail and retirement villages, whether they be low, medium or high rise;
- advising on the management and operation of community, neighbourhood and precinct associations;
- preparation of applications for strata schemes adjudicator’s orders and Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal orders;
- appearing at mediations to resolve disputes and at hearings before the Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal;
- the provision of general advice to owners, owners corporations, community associations and strata managing agents about matters which impact upon strata and community schemes;
- building defects affecting strata and community schemes;
- drafting, amendment and repeal of by-laws, strata management statements and community management statements;
- drafting, negotiating, amending and terminating caretaker agreements and building management agreements;
- strata plans of subdivision, easements and variations thereof;
- collection of outstanding levies and enforcement of judgments;
- advice on company title schemes;
- advice on liability issues and other matters such as aspects of joint and shared facilities not otherwise covered by strata management statements or community management statements; and
- liaison with State Government departments and Local Government authorities in relation to the infringement of other State laws and Local Government Planning Controls which affect strata and community schemes.
[accordion title=”Contact Information” load=”hide”]
Phone: 02 9233 7788